Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Hingis' Blog - part 7

Friday, October 20, 2006

I am sad to say that this is my last blog entry from Zürich, which means I lost today... :(

As you know, I played the 6pm match tonight, a quarterfinal against Svetlana Kuznetsova. My preparation was good - I hit with Radim at 2pm and before that I went for my usual run in the woods, really nothing to complain about. Svetlana just played a great match. I had my chances in certain parts, but I congratulate Svetlana for being the better player on the day.

I did my usual post-match press conference, which is never nice if you've lost, because you really don't feel like talking. But it's important for the media and that's how tennis fans hear about the matches, so I understand the importance. It's just that sometimes it's hard to do! After the press conference I had to sign a few items in the media room.

Now it's back to work, training at home in preparation for Madrid (hopefully!) On Monday morning I'll be with one of my sponsors, Omega, opening a boutique in Interlaken, so that should be fun. I've attached a pic taken from one of my previous days with Omega.

I'd like to thank you all for reading my blog this past week. I've really enjoyed writing it, I'm just sorry that today's is so short :(

All the best,

Martina x


*ohhhhhh!!! really sad. two :( :( *

No comments: