Friday, October 20, 2006

Hingis' Blog - part 4

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Guten Morgen!

I had a good night's sleep. It's quite dangerous in the room, because when you pull the curtains it's a total blackout; so I need to remember to set my alarm or else I will oversleep until midday, which would not be good! Anyway, I started my day with a nice, long run in the woods again - absolute bliss! I had some pasta at the hotel before going to practice with Radim. That was from 2pm until 3:30pm. It was a good hit, nothing more to report on that part of the day. All is good!

After practice I went to the courts with Radim, and we had a snack in the player lounge. There, I did an interview to promote the Sony Ericsson Championships. It's weird doing an interview in preparation for Madrid before my place has been confirmed. I also had to choose my current favorite song; I was going to pick Shakira's "Hips Don't Lie" but Elena Dementieva chose this one already, so I can't have it! Instead I chose Rihanna's "Unfaithful", which is a great song!

So far, the player field for the Championships is Amélie, Justine, Maria, Svetlana, Elena and Nadia; and that leaves two spots left... hopefully one for me :) It would mean a lot to me to make the Championships. After taking time out and doing as well as I've done this year it would be the perfect end to '06. No one knew how I would do this year after my time out but I can say I am pretty happy with how things have gone and I'm very happy to be back on Tour and am already looking forward to 2007. I've confirmed to start 2007 with the Gold Coast event, so I am looking forward to returning to Oz; but first my aim is Madrid, actually here then Madrid, of course!

Today was pretty exciting because V-Zug and myself held a press conference at the courts. We announced I will be again working with them as their ambassador. They have a great team and I am very happy to be working with them again. Also, it means that I have to continue my culinary skills because how can an ambassador for an electrical home-goods company not know how to cook right?! Actually, I don't think I am too bad in that department. Well, I haven't made anyone sick yet! In fact during my time out I did a lot of entertaining at home, I am proud of my new house and I took a lot of pride in the renovating it and having people over.

I'll send some photos from my last V-Zug photo shoot soon. I enjoy shoots because tennis players rarely get the opportunity to dress up and be pampered, so for me shoots are fun. Typically there'll be a stylist and make-up artist on hand. They go through the clothes with you and choose clothing that will look good but they also take into account the kind of thing that the photographer is after and the colors that will be in the shot and match them accordingly. It's a whole different world really but it interests me and I love seeing the end result. The most memorable shoot for me was the GQ shoot I did in 1998 when I wore a cute white dress, I think the photos taken really changed people's perception of me. Hopefully in a good way!

After the press conference, I drove back to the hotel and had dinner with Heinz. After dinner had settled, Heinz stretched me out and gave me a massage to keep my body nice and loose. Great preparation before bed!

I play tomorrow at 6pm against Natalie Dechy from France so an early night for me. I'll head to the gym tomorrow before a spot of breakfast...

Night night!

Martina

And my own thoughts:

Dangerous to oversleep. I like the way she puts it. Great sense of humour.

So her current fav. song is Shakira's "Hips Don't Lie"!

And "Unfaithful" is a great song!??? :o

Yeah we know all about the V-Zug ads, afterall i have posted a picture in one of my recent posts. But dudes & dudettesyou gotta search for it. ;)

Qoute, 'Also, it means that I have to continue my culinary skills because how can an ambassador for an electrical home-goods company not know how to cook right?! Actually, I don't think I am too bad in that department. Well, I haven't made anyone sick yet! In fact during my time out I did a lot of entertaining at home, I am proud of my new house and I took a lot of pride in the renovating it and having people over.'

Yes i remember she once said 'I can boil an egg'. lol A lot of progress then she has made. Also her ex-boy friend, the restauranter Stefan might have helped her a lot too. Heh but i sure dont wanna be a test subject(as yet), some people i know wouldnt mind it. As long as they get a cool story to tell. :P

Kidding!!! :D

No comments: